Deductible improvements commonly include:
- Grading grounds to improve access.
- Constructing entry ramps.
- Modifying entry areas and doorways.
- Widening hallways and interior doorways.
- Modifying doorknobs and peepholes.
- Installing handrails and support bars.
- Accessible bathrooms, assisted bathing tubs, roll-in Showers.
- Modifying kitchen cabinets, counters, sinks, and stoves.
- Moving light switches, electrical outlets, and other fixtures.
- Fire alarms, smoke detectors, and other safety systems.
- Modifying stairways, installing stair-lifts and chair-lifts.
Need additional help paying for home modifications to make your home accessible? See: https://www.disability.gov/disability-can-get-help-modifying-home-make-accessible/